3.02.2008

Beauty to the RESCUE

This coming Sunday is the big event so be sure to mark your calendars and come on out for some pampering and good cause.

Check it out here... www.AZRESCUE.com

This is the Dog & Cat Rescue group I used to volunteer 40+ hours a week with on top of my full time job before I became a mom. I am not able to devote that kind of time to it any longer and sadly I have developed some pretty gnarly cat allergies since I had my daughter so I can no longer foster cats/kittens in my home. Dogs are not a fostering option with a young child since they are all Euthanasia list (pound) rescues and are unknown entities making it too great a risk for both dog and child. For this reason RESCUE does not allow it and I must confess this is something I admire about the group. They do not treat their volunteers with disregard for safety and they do not treat their rescues with disregard for safety either. That is what sets them apart from many other groups I have worked with and it is why I would highly recommend them to anyone for volunteer work and adoption.

At any rate, one of the biggest fund raisers of the year is happening this coming weekend - Sunday, March 9, 2008 at The Mane Attraction Salon on 32nd & Camelback. It is always loads of fun and with live music you can't beat it for a Sunday afternoon. I hope you can make it out. The stylists are second to none and for a mere $30 donation you can get the most amazing Hair Cut of your life. Believe me...I know!

I hope to see you there! Again, stop by www.azrescue.com for more information on this great event and this wonderful group.

Namaste.